Got to get back to fishing.

Discussion of your fresh water fishing, your rig, setups, tackle, technique, etc.
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

It's been a long time since I took in fishing. Nothing better than casting in, setting the bail, and relaxing in the shade while sort of hoping nothing bites...for a while. But I have no tackle, rods or reels, so It's going to be an expensive visit to Bass Pro Shops...or Walmart.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
tilley88
Index Finger

ArKay99 wrote:It's been a long time since I took in fishing. Nothing better than casting in, setting the bail, and relaxing in the shade while sort of hoping nothing bites...for a while. But I have no tackle, rods or reels, so It's going to be an expensive visit to Bass Pro Shops...or Walmart.

Hell, if all you do is lay under a shade tree and drink beer while the puzzled fish look at a dry hook, then get a large aquarium.........

Best wishes in a world rife with revisionism-A. Lincoln 1866
tilley88
Index Finger

Since I'm a little more inland than you, what little fishin I do is on local lakes, ponds, and rivers. My favorite fishin spots are off the banks of the Mississippi. I've caught some huuuuge fish out of it, like a 20 lb drum with the biggest fookin lips I've ever seen. Kinda nasty lookin actually. Reminds me of something I've seen somewhere on the internet. Maybe a car website............

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

tilley88 wrote:Since I'm a little more inland than you, what little fishin I do is on local lakes, ponds, and rivers. My favorite fishin spots are off the banks of the Mississippi. I've caught some huuuuge fish out of it, like a 20 lb drum with the biggest fookin lips I've ever seen. Kinda nasty lookin actually. Reminds me of something I've seen somewhere on the internet. Maybe a car website............

Actually, I don't drink beer (or anything for that matter. I know...boring) and have only done freshwater, lake, pond, stream, and river fishing. I've had aquariums...nice...but they're more like cat TV and can get really expensive and I don't have cats...then the fish die. Besides, I'm only talking about relaxing for a while...then getting down to some real fishing.

I have no idea what rods and reels are nowadays. When I was fishing Mitchell had a line of spinning reels. I had a 300... that was over 45 years ago...I've fished since then but only borrowed stuff, so I'm really a rank newb again.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
tilley88
Index Finger

ArKay99 wrote:Actually, I don't drink beer (or anything for that matter. I know...boring) and have only done freshwater, lake, pond, stream, and river fishing. I've had aquariums...nice...but they're more like cat TV and can get really expensive and I don't have cats...then the fish die. Besides, I'm only talking about relaxing for a while...then getting down to some real fishing.

I have no idea what rods and reels are nowadays. When I was fishing Mitchell had a line of spinning reels. I had a 300... that was over 45 years ago...I've fished since then but only borrowed stuff, so I'm really a rank newb again.

I don't drink either, had an epiphany over 11 years ago and decided I no longer needed it to have fun. Haven't had any fun since, lol. I fished off the San Diego coast one time many moons ago and caught a big, fat, nothing. I don't fish much, and I definitely don't fish for nothing. I love to relax, so that's why I took up golf. If I go fishing I wanna catch fish. I hate NOT even getting a bite more than anything. I use cheap gear from Wallyworld, and if I don't dig up my own bait, I'll buy it from our small town mini-mart. I haven't fished but a few times the last couple off years, tho. Too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer, and spring and fall only seem to last about a week any more. I golf as much as I can, work on the vette on occasion, and cut the grass when the old lady tells me it looks like shit. Workin swing shift takes a lot out of me, but I'm still kickin.............

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

My wife's brother-in-law is one of those crazy bass fisherman. He's got a boat that goes about 140mph and all the gear, tackle, fish finders, etc. you can get in the boat. He takes it so seriously that I can't see how it's fun.

tilley88
Index Finger

ArKay99 wrote:My wife's brother-in-law is one of those crazy bass fisherman. He's got a boat that goes about 140mph and all the gear, tackle, fish finders, etc. you can get in the boat. He takes it so seriously that I can't see how it's fun.

I work with guys that try to get in every local BASS tourney they can, usually 2-3 per year. They do take it seriously, yeah, TOO seriously. I told myself when I started my dirt track racing career years ago that when the fun stopped, the racin stopped. Unfortunately, I kept bangin my head against the wall for 3-4 years after the fun ended..............

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

tilley88 wrote:I work with guys that try to get in every local BASS tourney they can, usually 2-3 per year. They do take it seriously, yeah, TOO seriously. I told myself when I started my dirt track racing career years ago that when the fun stopped, the racin stopped. Unfortunately, I kept bangin my head against the wall for 3-4 years after the fun ended..............

Yeah. I guess when you have a passion for something it can quickly turn into an addiction.

Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

I'm a redneck, we have a bass boat and a pontoon boat that we take out pretty regularly. Wife likes to crappie fish, I usually catch my limit of buzz early, and chill. :grin:

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with Q
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

Vette_Newb wrote:I'm a redneck, we have a bass boat and a pontoon boat that we take out pretty regularly. Wife likes to crappie fish, I usually catch my limit of buzz early, and chill. :grin:

That's a clever usage of resources... Keep the wife entertained, get buzzed, and chill, and not get in trouble for being lazy. Well done!

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”