Love Is Where You Are - Diana Krall

Don't play an instrument, but you're a devotee of the art? Got a favorite band or artist?
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

I'm a musician, but also a lover of good music of all kinds. This is one of those rare songs that takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
From the soundtrack of "At First Light" written by Mark Isham.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
rjent
VFF Finger Ringers

ArKay99 wrote:I'm a musician, but also a lover of good music of all kinds. This is one of those rare songs that takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
From the soundtrack of "At First Light" written by Mark Isham.

I absolutey love Krall and Mark Isham is one of my favorite composers.

I will probably make you puke :lol: , but I am a big fan of the "beautiful music" genre and groups like Celtic Woman and Celtic thunder.

I couldn't find a live of Celtic Woman .... they are worth watching as well as listening :lol:

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." George Washington
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

Nothing pukey about any of that. My maternal grandmother's maiden name was McCaffery...
My surname from Scotland was MacKeay... They dropped the Mac off it when my great grandparents came through Ellis Island.

Celtic is in my blood. Prolly gonna make you puke, lol, I like Enya, and here's one I like too...

I own the album.. it's really good!

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
rjent
VFF Finger Ringers

ArKay99 wrote:Nothing pukey about any of that. My maternal grandmother's maiden name was McCaffery...
My surname from Scotland was MacKeay... They dropped the Mac off it when my great grandparents came through Ellis Island.

Celtic is in my blood. Prolly gonna make you puke, lol, I like Enya, and here's one I like too...

I own the album.. it's really good!

This is getting creepy :lol:

I love Enya and Loreena McKennitt and have all of their albums.

My wife's maiden name was McRitchie. Her family, as was mine, came here in the early 1600's. So there is that.. :grin:

As you are probably concluding, I am pretty laid back musically. Not much of a rocker/Jazzer (in spite of my instrument of choice) :cool"

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." George Washington
VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

Big Krall fan.

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

VFPreacher wrote:Big Krall fan.

Yesssss, Nina Simone was one of a kind. Now you're tapping those roots!
Here's an old favorite of mine...

VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

Nice !

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

:rockon: :rockon:

VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

One of my all time favorites. But, I have to say that Beyonsa did Etta better than Etta did Etta. :-o

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

VFPreacher wrote:One of my all time favorites. But, I have to say that Beyonsa did Etta better than Etta did Etta. :-o

Not in my book. She was good, but had a lot more current technology and production concepts behind her. Etta did all she did without any of that. What you heard is what she did. No multiple takes, autotune, punching in phrases, etc.

Etta was real home made cheese... Beyonsa is processed cheese spread. :lol:

JMHO.

Return to “Music for Fans”