Wish I had this back

All about GM cars. Buick, Chevy, GMC, Cadillac
Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

My 1977 Trans Am....had about 38,000 miles on it when I got rid of it after restoring the whole thing. You can see my shitty 2004 Corvette in the background.....was happy to see that go.

Replaced them with this instead :grin:

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod

When the Time is right you will have another Poncho Trans Am.

Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

I don't think so, not unless I buy one that has already had a complete restoration. I put so much time and money into that car, I just don't have the desire to do it again. Unfortunately I sold it right before their values sky rocketed. :thud:

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:
VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

Beautiful place. I wish I had back my 1970 Pontiac Formula Firebird -400 small block and a push button starter. Man, that car was fast (for what it was). Only car I really miss.

Same color.

maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod

That explains why You Preacher & Ponch are such Viscous Fighters in the past on DC Newsroom.
Both are Former Pontiac Guys.

maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod

I think the 2nd Generation Firebirds and Trans Ams 1970 to 1981 all look great.
Just like A Corvette.

Torch
Ring Finger

I had a '79 with the 400 Pontiac instead of the 403 Olds. 4 speed. That was a fun car

When it's time to fight, you fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark and brother, it's starting to rain.
Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

Torch wrote:I had a '79 with the 400 Pontiac instead of the 403 Olds. 4 speed. That was a fun car

My car had the Pontiac 400 with the Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed. If I remember correctly there were only a couple hundred built like mine that year. No T-tops, 4 speed, Pontiac 400, two tone firethorn/white interior. Mine was originally red but the original owner changed it to white in 1980 when he was showing it. When I repainted it I kept it white because the repaint was done correctly and was a lot easier the second time around.

When I worked the motor I added a big lope cam, 1968 Pontiac HO heads from a GTO, and a big 800 cfm carb. I also replaced the entire suspension with poly bushings, new springs, new shocks, new interior, correct paint color and decals, American Thunder exhaust....just to much to remember. I was pushing somewhere around 400 HP out of that motor which was great considering it was originally rated at 200. Sadly the guy I sold it to blew up the motor racing it in the Arizona desert 2 weeks later.

Torch
Ring Finger

The 400 Pontiac only came with the 4 speed. The autos all had the Olds engine. The easy way to tell was the hood scoop. The Olds had "6.6 Liter" and the Pontiac had "T/A 6.6"

When it's time to fight, you fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark and brother, it's starting to rain.
VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

I had a 68 Pinto with a Chevy 327 in it. :lol:

Return to “GM”