What could cause this?

All about GM cars. Buick, Chevy, GMC, Cadillac
yedister
Pinky Finger

Got a call from the guy working on the Vette. He has it on the dyno, he said that after a few pulls on the dyno that the valves are getting noisy. Sounds like that they loosen up. Is that normal? I have a Jesel Shaft Rocker setup. The shaft assembly was removed back in January to change to the bushed lifters, new length pushrods were needed, went from a 6.8 to 8.6 inch. The changed was performed by a mechanic that is a serious racer. It has no run time on the motor after he adjusted the lash and drove out of the shop.

Thanks for your assistance

Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

Have you checked for misaligned rods? Valves may be loose in their bores and/or weak springs.

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:
yedister
Pinky Finger

That was all checked after the lifter changed

yedister
Pinky Finger

# 7 intake and # 8 Exhaust needed adjustment. No other problems found.

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

I had Jesel's on my vette some time ago. I don't know if the ones you have were the same model as the ones I had. The ones I had were only designed to be used with stock diameter springs and cups. The problem was in the geometry. Since they were aluminum they had a much fatter cross section and had just enough clearance for the stock spring setup. I was using AFR heads with heavy tension dual springs and the top cup was interfering with the arm's movement when it came to rest. I was getting valves not closing all the way or getting hung open and getting backfires and the piston bumping the valve. I had to have them undercut for clearance and everything was fine after that, although I eventually took them off and put Yella Terras on as I was always a little leary of an arm cracking at the stress point. The Jesel's were a great shaft rocker otherwise. The reason I mentioned all the above was because what happened to you happened at first to me.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
yedister
Pinky Finger

Interesting and good info. Thanks

Return to “GM”