Seriously Thinking

All about GM cars. Buick, Chevy, GMC, Cadillac
MR BRNS
Ring Finger

Yep, I'm seriously thinking about selling Silver Fish. If you don't know, Silver Fish is our 2006 Vette, supercharged with an Edlebrock 1593.

It's always been a weekend driver, always fun and reliable, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I was planning on selling it when I turned 60 but the thrill is gone and I think it'd be best to sell before it becomes unreliable.

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

MR BRNS wrote:Yep, I'm seriously thinking about selling Silver Fish. If you don't know, Silver Fish is our 2006 Vette, supercharged with an Edlebrock 1593.

It's always been a weekend driver, always fun and reliable, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I was planning on selling it when I turned 60 but the thrill is gone and I think it'd be best to sell before it becomes unreliable.

I sold my 09 Z06 to buy a house. :lol:
I kept my 99 FRC and have often thought about selling it. I've done so much work to it that it would be hard to sell it for even a fraction of what I have in it. I bought an LS6 block and have all the rest of the bits to make a 390hp replacement for the Lingenfelter 403 in there now, but like you, I don't even drive it any more and mostly just look at it when I come and go from the garage...

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
rjent
VFF Finger Ringers

I sold my convertible a couple of years ago. Still have the coupe, but it needs a rebuild again, put up wet too many times I guess. Since we started traveling in the Plug In Hybrid, hotrods don't seem to do anything anymore ... or maybe that it is I am 65 now .... :sad:

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." George Washington
VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

Mr. Brns !

Glad to see you, brother.

tilley88
Index Finger

VFPreacher wrote:Mr. Brns !

Glad to see you, brother.

Hell yeah, welcome aboard brother! :wave:

Best wishes in a world rife with revisionism-A. Lincoln 1866
OldVetteFan
VFF Finger Ringers

That has to be a tough decision.

I'll probably keep mine long past when any rational person would have decided to sell it. If you have a lot of emotional energy invested in a Corvette (or any car that you love or loved), it's hard to let it go.

Steven

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

OldVetteFan wrote:That has to be a tough decision.

I'll probably keep mine long past when any rational person would have decided to sell it. If you have a lot of emotional energy invested in a Corvette (or any car that you love or loved), it's hard to let it go.

Steven

Hello Steven! Welcome to the Island of Misfits! :wave:
I guess that's why I still have mine. I just can't see selling 'Seabiscuit' to someone that would 'mistreat' it. :lol:

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
VFPreacher
VFF Finger Ringers

My brother.

tilley88
Index Finger

Steven

Great to see ya here!

Best wishes in a world rife with revisionism-A. Lincoln 1866
Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

I'm seriously thinking about going to Louisville and kicking someone square in the ball bag.

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:

Return to “GM”