Well, not THAT exotic, but . . .

Exotics are works of art and science. Audi, Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Lamorghini, Veyron, other dream cars.
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

Hey fyreline, I saw in the op that you said you have a second home in St. Petersburg. That's pretty much 'just down the road' from where my condo was in Indian Rocks Beach. We also had a house up on the hill in Bellair Bluffs. We used to go back and forth from NJ to Florida. My wife loved the condo on the beach, but after she got ill she kinda didn't like the water or the beach any longer, so we sold both properties and moved to Cape Coral, where we are now. Syracuse can get pretty brutal in the winter, so I'm not surprised you make the trip.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
fyreline
Pinky Finger

ArKay99 wrote:Hey fyreline, I saw in the op that you said you have a second home in St. Petersburg. That's pretty much 'just down the road' from where my condo was in Indian Rocks Beach. We also had a house up on the hill in Bellair Bluffs. We used to go back and forth from NJ to Florida. My wife loved the condo on the beach, but after she got ill she kinda didn't like the water or the beach any longer, so we sold both properties and moved to Cape Coral, where we are now. Syracuse can get pretty brutal in the winter, so I'm not surprised you make the trip.

Years before we bought the condo, we used to spend the winters in Treasure Island, just over the drawbridge (and right down Gulf Boulevard from Indian Rocks Beach). Just love the area, and looking forward already to heading down there in January. We take the AutoTrain both ways - one of our three sons lives about 45 minutes from the AutoTrain's northern terminus station in Lorton, Virginia, so we go down and spend a few days with them, get up in the morning to get on the train, and wake up the next morning in Florida. I made that New York-to-Florida drive so many times over the years that I swear I knew every blade of grass along the way. No thanks. I would like to go down earlier, say around Thanksgiving, but the wife still wants to be here in NY over the holidays because of the grandchildren. I say send 'em all plane tickets for Christmas - we have room! Oh, well. And you're definitely right about Syracuse winter weather - tons of snow and usually below zero for long stretches. I did that for over 40 years on the Syracuse Fire Department . . . no more, thank you. I'll be on the beach - or by the pool - or on the back porch with a nice single-malt scotch and a fine cigar (my happy place). Life is good.

"You are entitled to your own opinion . . . You are NOT entitled to your own facts."
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

fyreline wrote:Years before we bought the condo, we used to spend the winters in Treasure Island, just over the drawbridge (and right down Gulf Boulevard from Indian Rocks Beach). Just love the area, and looking forward already to heading down there in January. We take the AutoTrain both ways - one of our three sons lives about 45 minutes from the AutoTrain's northern terminus station in Lorton, Virginia, so we go down and spend a few days with them, get up in the morning to get on the train, and wake up the next morning in Florida. I made that New York-to-Florida drive so many times over the years that I swear I knew every blade of grass along the way. No thanks. I would like to go down earlier, say around Thanksgiving, but the wife still wants to be here in NY over the holidays because of the grandchildren. I say send 'em all plane tickets for Christmas - we have room! Oh, well. And you're definitely right about Syracuse winter weather - tons of snow and usually below zero for long stretches. I did that for over 40 years on the Syracuse Fire Department . . . no more, thank you. I'll be on the beach - or by the pool - or on the back porch with a nice single-malt scotch and a fine cigar (my happy place). Life is good.

A coupla places we used to go to... The Frog Pond, and Sweet Sage Cafe. If you haven't been to either place, try it, I'm sure you'll like it. The owner of Sweet Sage Cafe owns 59 1959 Cadillacs and a trove of other cars... I went in there one day with a Corvette T on and he walking over to me and asked me if I own a Corvette. I told him I had 2, a 99 FRC and an 09 Z06. He said, I'll be right back, I have something I'd like to show you. He brought back about 6 pr 7 big white photo binders, just full of pictures of all the cars he had from the past to the present. He's something of a Jay Leno... He told me he had a very large shop with up to 25 people working for him that would be restoring or working on cars for him. Then he told me he got out of it because it was becoming a job and not much fun anymore, so he sold most of his collection, but kept the Caddy's and a few here and there. He said he used to lease cars to Film producers in Hollywood for pictures for certain era's since his cars were period correct.

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
fyreline
Pinky Finger

We're always looking for new places to try - sounds like we need to give both of these a look. Thanks for the tip.

"You are entitled to your own opinion . . . You are NOT entitled to your own facts."

Return to “Exotics”