Superbowl LI Patriots vs Falcons

Everything football. Talk about your team, players, coaches, strategy, trades, contracts, etc.
Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

This should be a really good game, unless your name is Julio Jones. :lol:

Atlanta will have to keep up their pace and Ryan will need to keep hitting multiple receivers in order to win this one. The Pats aren't going to let them run wild and Julio Jones is going to be like a domed stadium, always covered! Tom Brady is probably the best QB all time and with 99% of his weapons healthy, Atlanta has their work cut out for them. There isn't a defensive look they can throw at Brady that he hasn't seen before.

The Pats will need all hands on deck with this Atlanta defense, they are stingy and very good with their front 7. Defensively, their linebacker corps and secondary is going to really be challenged with a hot Atlanta offense. The defensive secondary is up to the challenge as long as the front is getting some pressure. They don't call him "Matty Ice" for nothing.

Pats win, 35-33

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with Q
Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

I LOVE ROMO! :grin:

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:
Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

Poncherello wrote:Falcons just signed the proven Romo to start. :rofl:

Falcons 31
Patriots 17

Well, at least they don't waste a great team season on an unproven rookie. :lol:

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with Q
Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

I LOVE ROMO! :grin:

Did you know it takes a 4 part video for someone to say use Windex to clean your windows. :lol:
Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

Worst that could have happened? They lose.. oooops. Experienced, proven veteran watching on the sidelines. :lol:

Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

Well if the worst they could do was lose then the guy who got them their deserve to finish. I can't wait for the day Romo is gone....hopefully he takes you with him :lol:

Please explain to me what Romo proved in January....because for the life of me I can't find the success he brought to big D in January :wave:

Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

Poncherello wrote:Please explain to me what Romo proved in January....because for the life of me I can't find the success he brought to big D in January :wave:

I just wish you and Skip Bayless would elope to Mexico and become soccer fans.. :lol:

He got them too January, but without a run game and a leaky defense there is not much can be done. Should have won the GB game in 2014, but again the run game (huge turnover), defense and lack of a clear "what is a catch in this league" definition (Sorry, that WAS a catch).. :lol:

Let's start with the total team dynamic. Since 2009, the Cowboys have amassed a 29-32 record, and they have a total point differential of minus-35 (1,496 points scored, 1,531 points allowed). They have this negative point differential despite Dallas' offenses finishing seventh, 15th, 15th, and third in points scored. Dallas' defenses have finished 31st, 16th, 24th and 26th in points allowed. Focusing the microscope on the 2013 season, the Cowboys are third in points scored and 22nd in yards gained.

If Romo were unable to get things done when things were on the line (i.e., in the red zone), wouldn't those numbers be reversed? From the opponents' 19-yard-line and in, Romo's stats this year are insanely good: 31-of-51 for 185 yards, 18 touchdowns and one interception. In the fourth quarter, when he's supposed to dry up and blow away, his 2013 stats are quite impressive: 77-of-110 for 862 yards. eight touchdowns and two interceptions.

Now, the historical numbers. In November throughout his career, Romo has thrown 64 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, with a yards-per-attempt total of 8.15 and a passer rating of 105.5. In December, when he's supposed to fall apart? He's thrown 44 touchdown passes and 24 interceptions, with a YPA of 7.35. Yes, his numbers dip in December. You know whose numbers also dip in December? Tom Brady's. Yes, the all-time cold-weather, postseason quarterback also experiences a slight decline in his numbers just as Santa is putting the finishing touches on his big annual ride. Difference is, he's had more than a couple of postseason appearances because his teams have been built and coached at a very high level for the most part.

As for Romo's January numbers, there isn't much to go on, because the Cowboys are generally out of the picture after the New Year. In three games, he's thrown four touchdown passes and two interceptions and has a 1-2 "record." Romo has heard this junk for years, and he's been patient about it for the most part. But for those who want to try to tie a true correlation between Romo's performances and the Cowboys' late-season swoons, the stats will beat the #hotsportstakes ... if you do your homework.

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/12/ ... as-cowboys

Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

Your 2013 article doesn't account for his 2013 season ending back injury, the back injury in 2014 that cost him a couple games, the 2 broken collar bones in 2015, and the back injury and missed season in 2016. If you think the 2007 Tony Romo was coming on the field against Green Bay last week to rescue them you're smoking some good shit. Bye bye Tony :wave:

Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

Poncherello wrote:Your 2013 article doesn't account for his 2013 season ending back injury, the back injury in 2014 that cost him a couple games, the 2 broken collar bones in 2015, and the back injury and missed season in 2016. If you think the 2007 Tony Romo was coming on the field against Green Bay last week to rescue them you're smoking some good shit. Bye bye Tony :wave:

2007 Tony is gone, but 2013 Tony is still the same today. As I said, he will start for someone next year and have a good season.. lets just hope Jerrah didn't screw the pooch by losing him.

And back to topic.. Tom Brady is gunning for ring number 5 in appearence number 7. At 39 years old, he really doesn't look much different than the Tom Brady who won those 4 rings. What an amazing career for a 6th round bench warmer. :lol:

Here are the QB's who were picked ahead of Tom Brady:

1. Chad Pennington, Marshall
2. Giovanni Carmazzi, Hofstra
3. Chris Redman, Louisville
4. Tee Martin, Tennessee
5. Marc Bulger, West Virginia
6. Spergon Wynn, Texas State

Pennington and Bulger had decent careers.. but all those GM's wish they would have picked a different player. :lol:

Poncherello
VFF Finger Ringers

2013 Romo is the same as today Romo? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Falcons eat the cheater alive.

Return to “Football”