Got to get back to fishing.

Discussion of your fresh water fishing, your rig, setups, tackle, technique, etc.
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

Vette_Newb wrote:We like the Red Drum, Sheepshead, Shark, and the occasional Ling.. We usually stay in the bay, sometimes slip out into the gulf though. SIL caught a 75lb Stingray one day, wow, that one took a while. :lol:

:thumbsup: 75lb ray, wow! Must've felt like Jeremy Wade. :lol:

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

ArKay99 wrote::thumbsup: 75lb ray, wow! Must've felt like Jeremy Wade. :lol:

He is a big, stocky dude.. his upper body muscles were all twitching and shit by the time he got that damn thing to the boat, when he was done my wife handed him a beer and he sat it down and opened a water. :lol:

Kinda like reeling in a semi truck tire full of concrete.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with Q
ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

Vette_Newb wrote:He is a big, stocky dude.. his upper body muscles were all twitching and shit by the time he got that damn thing to the boat, when he was done my wife handed him a beer and he sat it down and opened a water. :lol:

Kinda like reeling in a semi truck tire full of concrete.

Can you eat those things?

The democrat party is the most successful hate group. It attracts poor people who hate rich people, black people who hate white people, gay people who hate straight people, feminists who hate men, environmentalists who hate the internal combustion engine, and a lot of bratty college kids who hate their parents. However, the real secret of the party's success is that it attracts the support of journalists who hate Republicans, and who therefore work tirelessly to convince the rest of us that we should vote for democrats.
Vette_Newb
VFF Finger Ringers

ArKay99 wrote:Can you eat those things?

Yes, you can. I have never had it myself. I told him he would need a lot of help getting it in the boat because I would be fighting him to keep it out. :lol:

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with Q
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod

I need to take my young boys out fishing.
I wanted to this year but I was so busy working to earn the $ to pay the bills, fixing cars, and commuting.
I have a pair rod & reals. Garage sale specials.
Its almost winter here in IL now.
Must do it spring 2017 .

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

maniacmechanic wrote:I need to take my young boys out fishing.
I wanted to this year but I was so busy working to earn the $ to pay the bills, fixing cars, and commuting.
I have a pair rod & reals. Garage sale specials.
Its almost winter here in IL now.
Must do it spring 2017 .

Here's hoping Trump can get the economy moving again so it will be easier to earn the scratch.

SherWell
Pinky Finger

I wish to fly fishing. Haven't tried it yet.

ArKay99
VFF Finger Ringers

SherWell wrote:I wish to fly fishing. Haven't tried it yet.

That's the holy grail. I had a friend that used to tie his own flies and loved every minute of it. I haven't tried it myself...I'm too old to learn any new skills.

Return to “Fresh Water Fishing”