search for the new 'hillbilly limousine'..

All about Fords
User avatar
Torch
Ring Finger
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:15 am
Location: Kentucky



fatguyzinc wrote: saves
tinfoil sometimes...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for calling it 'tin' foil. My wife crabs my ass whenever I say tin foil instead of aluminum foil

When it's time to fight, you fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark and brother, it's starting to rain.
fatguyzinc
Ring Finger
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm



Torch wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for calling it 'tin' foil. My wife crabs my ass whenever I say tin foil instead of aluminum foil



hey, I'm old. that's all there WAS at one point--
"aluminum foil" wasn't till the early 80's if I remember right...

when I grew up it was "tin foil". so there. hah hah.

User avatar
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm



They make kits to install Cummins Tubo 5.9 Liter 6's into Ford Trucks That had 6.0 diesel V8's.
Cost effective .

Your in the Ballpark price range for a Used Full size Rolloff Flatbed Tow truck.
DT466.
Old models had the 7.3 International Diesel Turbo.

Using old Semi Trucks and rebuilding them to suite can be done..
They have Air brakes.
Here they must pass DOT State test lanes here in Illinois .

User avatar
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm



Working with air brakes is a lot different from Corvettes.
How I got through the 2008-2016 Bam Bam Obama Recession .
I worked on Diesel Semi trucks.
Repaired all.

Detroit Diesel 60 series is a great budget engine.
Super torque.
Cummins ISX Is the Bad Boy.
700-900 Hp taking the Smog shit off.
Crank the Boost up 30-40 psi.
Last edited by maniacmechanic on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm



The Fuel systems are laid out like an 7-second ET Drag car.

fatguyzinc
Ring Finger
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm



maniacmechanic wrote:
Your in the Ballpark price range for a Used Full size Rolloff Flatbed Tow truck.
DT466.
Old models had the 7.3 International Diesel Turbo.




not here in hawaii--theres a 97 international rollback with the 7.3
on craiglist now--
they are asking $30K.....

plus i prefer the ability to 'bend' around corners. and like all of you
i would rather build my own....

the first guy who came to look at the spare 454 gave a ridiculous
lowball offer which i flat out refused, so once again everythings
on the back burner. for now.

User avatar
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm



fatguyzinc wrote:not here in hawaii--theres a 97 international rollback with the 7.3
on craiglist now--
they are asking $30K.....

plus i prefer the ability to 'bend' around corners. and like all of you
i would rather build my own....

the first guy who came to look at the spare 454 gave a ridiculous
lowball offer which i flat out refused, so once again everythings
on the back burner. for now.

Don't give up Zinc.
One more week exact and Bam Bam Obama is kicked out of the Whitehouse.
I have been waiting 8 years like you for that Day.
People are low on cash right now.
The Holidays was just a few weeks ago.
People start getting Tax refunds back the End of January & continues into April.

Just because a guy wants 30 K for a 20 year old Rollback Flatbed tow truck does not mean he will get $30,000.00.
A Tow Truck has reached its useful life typical in 8-10 years.
Unless its built off a Semi Truck Chassis.
Mack Truck.
Peterbuilt.
Kenworth.

So its a 8,000 to 10,000 cash Tow truck he has.
Fucken take your money or Fuck Him.

A Big Block Chevy 454 built by you with an Iskenderien Camshaft is worth $5,500 Low Ball Cash.
$7,000 more like it.

fatguyzinc
Ring Finger
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm



maniacmechanic wrote:A Big Block Chevy 454 built by you with an Iskenderien Camshaft is worth $5,500 Low Ball Cash.
$7,000 more like it.



yep, i was asking $6500. its got forged 7/16 capscrew rods,
ARP main stud kit, a PRW main girdle, 292-.595-108 isky,
geardrive, HV melling pump with steel driveshaft, TRW forged
flat tops, moly rings, 1 year only 5/8 sparkplug heads, chrome
timing cover/oilpan/valvecovers, RPM intake, roller tip rockers
and 3/8 pushrods, matching double springs with dampers, etc...

the guy offered $2500. i told him for $2500 i would rather roll
it out into the middle of the street and light it on fricken FIRE....
i *might* have gone as low as $4500-$4000, but $2500? hell no.

it can sit there and rot for that kinda money. :thumbsup:

User avatar
maniacmechanic
VFF Tech Mod
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 pm



fatguyzinc wrote:yep, i was asking $6500. its got forged 7/16 capscrew rods,
ARP main stud kit, a PRW main girdle, 292-.595-108 isky,
geardrive, HV melling pump with steel driveshaft, TRW forged
flat tops, moly rings, 1 year only 5/8 sparkplug heads, chrome
timing cover/oilpan/valvecovers, RPM intake, roller tip rockers
and 3/8 pushrods, matching double springs with dampers, etc...

the guy offered $2500. i told him for $2500 i would rather roll
it out into the middle of the street and light it on fricken FIRE....
i *might* have gone as low as $4500-$4000, but $2500? hell no.

it can sit there and rot for that kinda money. :thumbsup:


Shit.
What a Tight Wad.

Looking for a Vintage Doug Nash Warrior intake Manifold for a Pontiac 389-455.
Single 4BBL. Non Modified with the Water neck intack not cutoff.
I recall a few were cast in Magnesium but will take an aluminum Doug Nash Warrior 4-BBL.
$500 -$550.00 without shipping.
Missed out past few winters. One was in Hawaii.
Thanks.

BR

fatguyzinc
Ring Finger
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm



supposed to go look at a 95 F350 4x4 crewcab w/460
tomorrow lunchtime--crossing my fingers. looks clean in pics,
but who knows....


Return to “Ford”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests